RULES (OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT RULES ARE BELOW. THE RULES ON WEBSITE SUPERCEDE ANY RULES IN PRINT FORM)
1. USA Hockey Rules will be followed
2. Only properly registered USAH and IIHF teams are allowed to participate. All teams must furnish an approved validated roster from their governing body.
3. All preliminary round games as well as quarter finals and semi finals will be three periods. Period lengths for the preliminary round games are as follows.
- 2003 age group 12-15-15 minute stop time. In the event of a goal spread of 5 or more goals in the 3rd period it will be run time until such point the goal spread becomes 3 or less.
- 2005 age group 12-12-15 minute stop time. In the event of a goal spread of 5 or more goals in the 3rd period it will be run time until such point the goal spread becomes 3 or less.
- 2006 age group 12-12-15 minute stop time. In the event of a goal spread of 5 or more goals in the 3rd period it will be run time until such point the goal spread becomes 3 or less
- 2007 age group 12-12-12 minute stop time. In the event of a goal spread of 5 or more goals in the 3rd period it will be run time until such point the goal spread becomes 3 or less
- PLAYOFFS PERIOD LENGTHS ARE AS FOLLOWS
- The period lengths for all quarter finals in all age groups are 10-10-12 for all age groups.
- The period lengths for semi-finals in all age groups are 10-10-15 minutes all stop time.
- The Finals for all age groups will be 15-15-15 min stop time periods with the exception of 2006 and 2007 which will be 12-12-15
- THERE WILL BE A TWO MINUTE WARMUP FOR ALL GAMES. THE TIMEKEEPER WILL PLACE AN ADDITIONAL 3 MINUTES ON THE CLOCK FOR THE FIRST PERIOD. THE REFEREE WILL BLOW THE WHISTLE AFTER 2 MINUTES. THE TEAMS THEN MUST BE READY TO PLAY BY THE TIME THE CLOCK HITS 12 MIN AS THE TIME WILL CONTINUE TO RUN WHEN THE PUCK DROPS AND WON’T STOP UNTIL THE FIRST WHISTLE.
4. Finals are three periods of fifteen minutes stopped time.
5.. Pre-game warm-ups will be two minutes.
6.. Each team should be ready to play 15 minutes PRIOR to their scheduled start times without any advanced warning
7. There will be no discussion on coaches’ ejections from games. Any Match Penalty will be subject to automatic expulsion from the tournament with directors decision being final.
8. Minor penalties will be 2 minutes and Major penalties will be 5 minutes for all games.
9. A defaulted game result will be 1-0 for the winning team and 0–6 result to the losing team.
10. For the purpose of score calculations any team winning by more than 6 goals a maximum of 6 will be used for calculating the goal percentage. EXAMPLE A team wins 10-1 the score will be entered as 7-1 for the method of calculating the best differential formula as outlined below.
11. There is no overtime during round robin play. Any game which ends with the score being tied will be entered as a tie for both teams.
12. During the playoffs in the result of a tie it will result in 3 on 3 for five minutes of stop time. If the score is still tied after OT the teams will enter a shootout of 3 players. Teams must submit 3 different players. If the shootout is tied after 3 shooters it will result in a sudden death shootout. Teams must use all players before a player can be repeated.
13. All eligible players must be entered on the first game score sheet (maximum 20 players including 3 goaltenders).
14. 2 line passes will be in accordance with USAH rules
15. Offsides will be in accordance with USAH rules.
16. Time outs are not permitted during round robin play. Each team is permitted the use of one, 30-second timeout during playoff action.
17. No Protests will be accepted.
18. Every team must dress a minimum of players in accordance with USAH rules.
19. No Body contact will be permitted except at the 2002 and 2003 age groups.
20. Slaps shots are not allowed in accordance with USAH rules at the squirt level. Slapshots are allowed at the peewee level and above.
21. Match penalties are subject yo suspension from all USAH functions pending the outcome of a hearing held by their local governing body.
22. A player must participate in at least 1 game during the round robin portion of the tournament to be eligible for the playoff round.
23. Mouthpieces and neck guards must be worn if your governing body requires their use.
Points for Regulation Win = 2 Pts, Tie = 1.0 Pts, and Zero Pts for a Regulation Loss
24. The committee reserves itself the final word on the interpretation of the rules.
Tie Breakers after round robin play
1. If 2 teams are tied in points, the following order applies to determine the ranking of teams:
3. Most Games Won
4. Best differential Formula = Goals For / (Goals For + Goals Against) **** When applying this formula the maximum goal differential in any game shall be no greater than 6.
5. Least Goals Against
6. Most Goals For
7. Least Penalty minutes during the tournament
8. Flip of a coin
In the case where more than 2 teams are tied in points, the above order applies to determine the ranking of teams:
(The tied teams will go through each tie breaker until ONE team is determined the winner; Example-if no team is determined ahead of all other teams after Tie Breaker #1, then it will move on to Tie Breaker #2, etc)
Playoff Teams will be seeded 1-8 with 1vs8, 2vs7 3vs6 and 4vs5. All divisionS THERE IS NO RESEEDING AFTER QTRS
Tournament Directors Tharindra De Silva & Todd Tverberg is the final decision on all matters not covered above.
Please respect the referees at all times, should you have a situation you would like to discuss concerning a particular individual, we have appointed a referee in chief who is available to you, he does not have the power to change a referees decision. However, we have advised our refereeing staff to treat coaches with respect and they will expect the same in return. They will not exercise any patience when being sworn, screamed or gestured at any time.